We all marvel at how someone can live in a small home. I look at the principles of design for living in a boat or an RV for ideas as to how to live in a small space.
To take some of these ideas to apply within a small home:
- Using every square inch of a small space with great storage
- Only have what is needed in the space
- Using double or triple use furniture
- Multipurpose spaces – such as adding a home office or library to a dining room
- Finding hidden space for storage
- and using vertical space.
The biggest secret – is behind doors – so many possibilities.
A place for your keys .
See blog for the many lives of shoe organizers. Use space inside the door to hang a calendar, pockets for recipes.
Add an extra shelf in a cupboard or pantry. Most kitchens have only three shelves in the upper cupboards, by adding an extra shelf in unused space gives lots more storage space.
What are your ideas for using the space behind the door?